The company’s headquarters are located in Hammersmith in West London, England. Since 9 March 2011 Betfair has operated its betting exchange under a Gibraltar licence. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange until it merged with Paddy Power to form Paddy Power Betfair on 2 February 2016. –Source Wikipedia.
Betfair was founded in 2000 when professional gambler Andrew Black and City trader Edward Wray joined forces to pioneer the betting exchange. Betfair’s Exchange, which enables customers to bet against each other rather than a bookmaker, took the industry by storm and quickly assumed a market leading position in the UK and abroad.
Today, in addition to its betting exchange, Betfair runs a full suite of online Sports betting and Gaming products, including a Sportsbook which provides a more accessible product for recreational customers. Betfair’s innovative heritage remains and they continue to break new ground with recent product innovations including ‘Cash Out’, ‘Price Rush’ and ‘Acca Edge’.
Betfair Intro Video
Paddy Power was born in 1988 when three Irish bookmakers decided to combine their 40 shops and take on the world! Since its foundation Paddy Power has always done things differently; delivering a fun, fair and entertaining betting experience that has transformed retail and online betting.
Paddy Power is an Irish institution, one of the most recognisable consumer brands, and well known for making the occasional bit of mischief; stunts such as Niklas Bendtner’s lucky pants, Ryder Cup sky-writing and ‘Roy the Redeemer’ statue at Dover have all hit the headlines.
Paddy Power Betfair plc is one of the leading sports betting and gaming groups in the world. The business was formed from the February 2016 merger of Paddy Power plc and Betfair Group plc and is now split into four divisions:
- Online, which boasts two of Europe’s leading online sports betting and gaming brands, Paddy Power and Betfair
- Australia, which, under the Sportsbet brand, is the market leader in the fast-growing Australian online betting market
- US, which combines TVG, the leading horse-racing TV and betting network in the USA, and two Betfair operations in New Jersey, an online casino and a racing exchange
- Retail, which operates 600 Paddy Power betting shops across the UK and Ireland, employing almost 5000 people.
Sportsbet was founded in 1993 and fully acquired by Paddy Power in 2010. Sportsbet is Australia’s largest online sports betting site and currently employs over 700 staff across three locations.
Sportsbet likes to bring fun to the lives of its customers and employees and takes a unique approach to stealing the limelight; from customizing national landmarks to hijacking major sporting events! For more information about Sportsbet, including our careers site,
TVG was founded in 1999 and acquired by the Betfair Group in 2009. TVG is the largest horse-racing TV and betting network in the USA, with its two channels (TVG and TVG2) reaching approximately 40 million homes and its Tote Wagering Service being the largest legal form of online betting in the US. TVG also operates 4NJBets on behalf of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
TVG is part of a wider Paddy Power Betfair US division, which includes an online Betfair Casino in New Jersey. In May 2016 they launched Betfair’s first US horse-racing betting exchange product in New Jersey, bringing the Exchange wagering concept to the US for the first time.
TVG is based in Los Angeles, California and employs almost 250 people.
Paddypower wants all of their customers to enjoy their gambling responsibly over a long period of time, only using discretionary funds and not putting themselves in financial distress. All of their brands and products offer a variety of responsible gambling tools to help customers stay in control and they are dedicated to funding the education, research and treatment of problem gambling in every market they operate in.
Some of their responsible gambling tools and policies include:
- ‘Take a Break’ – pioneered by Sportsbet to encourage customers to take time out from gambling and reassess how much they are betting;
- Deposit and Loss Limits – to allow customers to control how much they can bet;
- Player Awareness Systems – which monitor customer betting patterns, identify when someone is developing a problem with their gambling, and prompt staff to intervene;
- Budget calculators, summary pages and self-assessment questionnaires – to encourage awareness of how much customers are betting;
- Public campaigns – such as the Senet Group’s ‘bad betty’ adverts during the European championships and gamble aware week; and,
- Research and treatment – They are one of the top donors to the UK Responsible Gambling Trust in addition to other responsible gambling charities and support groups.
Paddypower uses sophisticated account verification procedures to ensure all of their online customers are 18+ and operate a strict ‘Think 21’ policy in their shops enforced by independent secret shopper checks.
For more information, visit:
Click on ‘Join Our Team’
And the following page will appear:
If the Page opens in a ‘foreign’ language to you, click on ‘Translate Page.’
- Choose your Country.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your Date of Birth: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Enter your Gender.
- For ‘Document’ enter 77777777 for now (will be changed later).
- Choose your ‘Login.’ This will also be your D9 Portal name. Choose something that you and others can relate to.
- Enter a ‘Valid Email.’ Multiple Accounts are available but require each account to have its own email.
- Confirm your email.
- Add your Telephone or WhatsApp # (No dashes please)
- Create a Password for your ‘Login’ (8 or more characters – Upper/lower/numbers/symbols) suggested. Please write your ‘Login’ and ‘Password’ in a book. Keep safe.
- Confirm your password.
- Click on “to save.”
See You On The Inside
Was this Post Helpful?
Please leave any questions, comments and suggestions below.